Sunday, September 28, 2008

Lexi the jungle girl

I have neglected my blog, already... I have been meaning to write this week about Lexi. Lexi is so fun and brave. I love her for her sense of adventure and her love for all things related to nature. Earlier this week I was in bed bracing myself for another day when I felt a tickle on my arm I moved it thinking it was a string, when that didn't solve the problem I lifted my arm to realize there was a bug on it. I yelped, brushed it off my arm, and jumped out of bed. Once I recomposed myself I went in search of the creature. I located a cricket at the foot of the bed right as Lexi came into to room wearing her Cinderella princess dress. Not knowing what to do with the cricket I asked Lexi to catch it for me. She of course caught the cricket and then playing with it for 15 minutes afterward, all the while wearing her princess dress. I thought it was so cute and so Lexi I just had to write about it.

Later in the week I found out there was a reptile show and sale at the Tucson Expo center. Knowing Lexi's love for all things creepy and crawling I thought it would be a really fun thing for us to do (even though I hate all things creeping and crawling). Once we got to the show it wasn't enough for Lexi to pet the snakes, she also had to hold them. Once she held a little snake then she wasn't content unless she could hold a big one. She pet an alligator, several snakes, several small lizards, a lizard almost the size of her, held two snakes, and held a baby turtle. She was in heaven!

I just love her for her love of nature and all of god's creatures. I hope that she will forever love this things!

5 comments:

Matt and Maggie said...

She's crazy! No, of course not, but wow! Those are things I could never do. Glad you have a cricket hunter though. Zeke follows my cue and freaks when I freak. I contribute nothing to his bravery!

Schwendimans said...

GO LEXI!!!! She is one brave girl. Love that about her. I will never foget Thanksgiving Point and getting Anni that stuffed unicorn, where all Lexi wanted was the little rubber snake. Ha! Love it and love that girl... so glad you're blogging now!

Suzanne Unck said...

I can't believe she does that! So fun though. I think my Tyler would run screaming from the room with me, while little Natalie stayed to play with the crawly things. And on that note, Bryce would run screaming too. So sad, I'm glad you have a blog, hope all is well, we miss you.

kristadeeann said...

Oh my goodness!! She is so brave!!!
I love the contrast....snakes, bugs, and then the oh so cute princess dress...

Kim said...

That is one brave girl! Kudos to Lexi!