Saturday, October 4, 2008

This Crazy Week

This week has been rather consuming. Lexi has decided that when she doesn't get enough attention, or basically when she is just bored, she likes to sneak. Now "sneaking" is displayed in various exploits, for example there was the shampoo in her hair and on the TV, the bottle of syrup on the carpet, writing with crayons on the walls, TV, and entertainment center, and putting toothpaste in the carpet. With cleaning up after her, punishing bad behavior, and trying to spend more time with her I am fairly exhausted.


Just when I was getting a handle on things with Lexi, Ethan started to whine and complain incessantly. We got him to show us what was the matter... his leg hurt. When he was still struggling with it the next day I took him to the doctor. The doctor concluded it was most likely his hip causing problems. On the following day I took him in for blood work, and x-rays. The x-rays were fine and the blood work turned up a slight infection and some slight inflammation. So basically he has some slight inflammation around his hip. The problem is that it has now been 5 days and he is still not functional at all unless he is kept on Motrin. Then to make matters worse he threw up this morning... argh! It is so stressful to have a sick child when they cant tell you what is wrong! If things get worse or don't get better by Monday, we will be off to the doctor again.


All I can say is after a couple weeks like this I am just tired!

3 comments:

Schwendimans said...

Oh man. You need a break! I so wish we lived closer. Anni would love to have Lexi over to spend the night, and it would be so fun to have her here for a weekend. And Ethan- poor kid. Do they know anything that might have caused it? Or what may help? I guess not, if he's still only using Motrin to ease it. I'm so sorry. If Chris took orders from me, (HA! Fat chance... he never has. =) ) I would tell him to let you have at least 2 evenings off this week. You deserve it!! Hope things get better for you.

Amber said...

I'm so sorry Ashley! I hope he gets better quickly.

kristadeeann said...

Toothpaste in the carpet!! Not so fun...
It's so funny (okay maybe not funny) what kids will do for attention...

~Poor little guy! How is he feeling these days? If you ever need anything I am always home. I would be more than happy.~
Krista