Sunday, January 10, 2010

I know it's been a while

I know it has been quiet a while since I have blogged... Things are going as well as can be expected. When Chris' grandparents were married they were counseled that not even a mansion is big enough for two families, which we have come to accept as truth. However, we are adjusting and doing better each day.
Lexi is in school again, which she loves. Her new teacher is so sweet, and all the kids seem to be really nice to her. The other day when she got home I asked her if she had any new friends at her new school. She rolled her eyes and replied "mom they are all my friends!" She really misses her friends from Kaysville and Tucson though...
Ethan is doing well too. He loves that Lexi has all this extra time to play with him, and they have a lot of fun together. They are sharing a room out here which is trying at times when they wake each other up, or keep each other from going to sleep, or when they are arguing over who should be doing what to clean their room, but aside from that it is going well. He is also REALLY not looking forward to transitioning to Primary... I told him last night that babies go to Nursary and big boys go to Primary, that made him stop complaining... He always wants to be the big boy!
Chris is doing ok. It is really a struggle for him to be unemployed, but he is doing everything he can to find new work, and keeping himself busy with things my parents need help with around the house, and at their office. If anyone hears of a place looking to hire an entry level Landscape Architect let us know!
I am adjusting fairly well too. I came down with a horrible virus almost a month ago and seem to still be battling it off... Otherwise I am staying busy being a mom.
Christmas was a lot of fun for us this year. My brother and his (now) wife were here, along with my sister and brother-in-law, and of course my youngest sister. It was fun being able to spend that time with my family. I will try to post pictures later, when we can work out the computer/ camera situation.
Then My brother was married on New Year's Eve. So we had a blast at the wedding and reception. They throw a good party. Our favorite part was the Karaoke! Chris has an amazing voice and did a fantastic version of Piano Man By Billy Joel, which he is still asking, a week and a half later, if it sounded good, which a reply... "it was amazing!"
Now we are getting back into the swing of things with the routine and all of that...
I miss all of my friends and family like crazy and hope and pray that all is well with each of you! Hopefully we will find a new job and some more stability soon so that I will be able to update more frequently. Until then we keep sending our love to all of you!

1 comment:

Gary and Bree said...

Good to hear that you all are adjusting well! We miss the Rose fam.