Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The Lord watches over us all

For those of you who do not know, the gym franchise is falling through and our family is going to be moving to Colorado to live with my parents for a while. We are so sad to leave our friends and family here in Utah. We have loved being close to our family and making new friends. Thank you for everyone who has befriended us and took time to help and uplift our family.
We do not know what the next chapter of our lives will hold, but are simply taking life one step and one day at a time right now. In this great time of uncertainty I am only reminded of how much the Lord loves us and is mindful of us. We have been struggling with the decision to leave for a while now. Today after I prayed for direction yet again, I opened my scriptures at random and found these verses:

"Therefore, take ye no thought for the morrow, for what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, or wherewithal ye shall be clothed.
For consider the lilies of the field, how they grow, they toil not, neither do they spin; and the kingdoms of the world , in all their glory are not arrayed like one of these.
For your Father, who is in heaven, knoweth that you have need of these things.
Therefore let the morrow take thought for the things of itself."
D&C 84:81-84

It is funny that my father shared a similar scripture, found in the bible, with me a couple weeks ago when we were first faced with this decision. Yet I had somewhat put it out of my mind. And now today as I was struggling yet again with our circumstance I happened to open to this sister verse in the Doctrine and Covenants. This experience has only made me more aware of how mindful my Savior is of me and my family. I know that we will be ok, because as we continue to do the things He has asked of us He will continue to bless us with what we need.

5 comments:

Gary and Bree said...

Very true Ashley!Heavenly Father will not abandon us in our times of uncertainty. We will miss your family. Tommorow is a new day....

Giannina said...

Ash-thanks for sharing that with us! Our little family is going through much of the same types of struggles at the moment and we've been troubled by what decisions are the right ones to make. That was a great inspiration to me to make sure in this troubling time to turn to the Lord! I hope that all turns out well for your lovely family! Keep smiling and thinking of all your many blessings! Love ya!

We Joneses said...

We're sorry to hear it. But I think you have such a good attitude, and that will make all the difference. So often we have to take steps "in the dark" that are leading us to greater blessings in the end.

Mike-Jami-Bridger-Foster said...

You guys are such a great family. I like your message. I'm so grateful we have Heavenly Father to lean on in these really hard times. It's so hard to know why things happen, but I know it's all for a reason.
miss ya guys!

Kim said...

Hang in there Ash! You are loved!