Thursday, June 25, 2009

"Why is there sugar in my Oatmeal"

On a side note Lexi was really struggling this morning. She asked for oatmeal to eat then decided she didn't want it. I told her that since she asked and I already made it for her, she had to eat it before I would get her anything else. Then she really started to whine!
She sat down and looked for anything wrong with her oatmeal. Finally she got mad that there was white stuff in the oatmeal. Chris tried to explain that it was just sugar which she replied "Why is there sugar in my oatmeal!?" Chris replied "I dont know, why dont we call and ask." He then proceeded to look up the number for the Quaker oatmeal company, dialed, and handed over the phone to Lexi.
A lady picked up on the other end, and Lexi asked "Why is there sugar in oatmeal?." The lady replied that they put sugar in oatmeal to give it different flavors and that there is some oatmeal that does not have sugar in it. Lexi was so tickled and impressed that she could call and ask, and that someone answered her question, so right after she got off of the phone she sat down and ate her oatmeal... with no more whining.
Thank you Chris for thinking to call the oatmeal people so that Lexi could get a satisfactory answer and fun experience. And thank you Quaker oat lady for answering her question... I hope it made her day too!

3 comments:

Schwendimans said...

Love it!! Smart guy, that Chris. =) (& yay! for eating the oatmeal after all!) =)

Bacchus Family said...

Awesome. I thought Chris was just going to call Grandma. But I guess Lexi being 5 (I can't believe it) would have know it was Grandma.

Matt and Maggie said...

How adorable!