Friday, June 5, 2009

Snails

We are fairly settled into our new house in Kaysville Utah. Sorry I don't have pictures of it yet... We are still in need of some furniture, and hopefully (if the landlady agrees) some paint. Once we get that all squared away I will be sure to post pictures. 
One of the first things we took care of after we unpacked the necessities was to plant a garden. While out pulling weeds and turning dirt Lexi discovered the copious amount of snails inhabiting our backyard. She decided that they would do as friends... he next day as I was checking on her out of the window I saw that she had found several lives snails and had put them on the teeter totter swing in the back yard and was taking them for a ride by making them swing! It was so cute!!!
Unfortunately we have discovered the damage snails can reek on the garden so a war has been set forth. The other night Chris went out and found around 200 snails and put them in a baggy to humanly dispose of them.  Now he has set out snail bait, so the snails will now be off limits.  On the upside though our garden is doing great. In fact we have the start of a green bell pepper and some tomatoes!
In other news Ethan has discovered that he can pee standing up. Evidently it is a lot of fun, but at least he is still excited about it and doing fairly well at potty training again (after a lapse back after the move...). 

I promise I will try to get pictures posted soon of house, garden, and family...

2 comments:

Bacchus Family said...

Snails are so gross. They are second next to ants in bugs I hate.

Cameron, Chandrea, and Luke said...

I had no idea that you guys moved to Utah. Congrats! We are loving it here living in my sisters basement apartment. We will be moving next week to Pleasant Grove. We're moving in with Cam's grandma to help her out. Glad to know the move went well.