Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Summer update...

Sorry I have been so horrible about posting this summer, but here are several pictures we have taken from this summer so everyone can see what we have been up to...

Ethan finally consented to let us cut his hair. The back was over an inch long. We kept it long on the top though so he is sporting a nice new hairdo.

For the 4th of July we went camping up at Chris' Grandparents. The kids especially loved the four wheelers!

The camping spot on their land is officially named Lisa's Grove, after Chris' sister who helped clean out the spot and make it camp-able.

Our tents all set up atthe camping spot.

When we have free time we love to go hiking. This was a hike we took up in Brighton, to one of the lakes above the ski resort.

Our stake had a father daughter campout, but since we were short a car, and Chris didn't know where the campout was we decided to camp-in. We built this great fort and the kids spent the night in it. You can also see bits of our living room before we renovated it.

The kids in their fort.

I have slowly been working on updating our twin home we are renting. The landlady was kind enough to take the cost of materials off rent, and Chris and I are supplying the labor. When we moved in the vanity in the bathroom was 70's brown and worn through in several spots. I refinished the vanity painted the cream colored bathroom light blue, and replaced the plastic towel holders with silver ones.

Another shot of the bathroom.

We also painted the living/dining/stairs area, and replaced the outlets and switches.
This area was a lovely creamy rose color... I think it is a vast improvement!

Lastly we got a new couch and chair for $60 on KSL and built a bookshelf next to the fireplace for all of our books.

7 comments:

Kim said...

I love Ethan's lollipop!

kristadeeann said...

It looks GREAT!!!! That is so nice they let you make all those changes..How fun..What projects are you up to next?

How are you loving Utah? I am really missing Utah....A LOT....

elise said...

that's a gorgeous hike! looks like fun

Josh, Shauna, Allison, Brynlee said...

Looks like a fun summer! So I totally was thinking i needed to call you when we went to UT this past weekend, but forgot to get your number before we left and had no internet service this weekend. Got home and saw on facebook you were sick anyways. Hope you are feeling better and we will have to get together one of these times now that you are so close and we come out that way quite frequently!

Unknown said...

Thanks everyone. It has been a really fun summer. My next projects are to paint our bedroom, and the kitchen. After that I am not sure what or if I will make any other changes for now. And Shauna my phone # is 801-807-0324. Please do call next time you are heading this way. I would love to see you!!!

Matt and Maggie said...

Seriously, I love how you use the sucker for the hair cut. Genius. I love your home, I can see the pride you have in it.
Your children look so happy. They're adorable!
How are your parents?

Unknown said...

Oh, Shauna... we ended up getting rid of our home phone which is the number I wrote here. So if you are needing to get ahold of me you can use my cell 801-719-4899. Sorry Chris sprung that whole "let's get rid of our home phone" suddenly a couple weeks ago.