Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Lexi hacked her hair

Yesterday Lexi was supposed to clean her room. We sent her back to her room to stay there until she could clean it. She is very anticleaning, so she decided to demolish her room instead. She was able to come out and have snacks/lunch, use the restroom, and then she would also frequently come out just to see what we were doing in which cases I would send her back to her room to clean. I put Ethan down a little after one o'clock and proceeded to practice my violin, and catch up on email and facebook. I cought her out of her room a couple times during that time in which I sent her right back. Evidently on one of those occassions she found a pair of scissors... While I was finishing up on the computer she came back to "show me something" low and behold I turn my head to see that half of her hair is missing.

Turns out that she had gone back to her closet with the scissors and cut her hair so "you could see my beautiful eyes" and evidently her beautiful neck, and ears as well... She cut a chunk out of the front of her hair and a couple in the back that were almost down to the scalp, along with many varying degrees of layers over the rest of her head. To make matters worse, this is the second time she has done this! The first time it took about a year and a half to grow out, and I am sure this will take longer since it is much shorter then last time.
There is never a dull moment at our house!!!
The front of Lexi's hacked off hair.

Yes, she gave herself a mullet. What you cant see is that under the longer peices of hair she had actually cut down almost to the scalp on both sides of her head.

After I took her to get her hair fixed as well as possible. When the lady at the salon fixed it you couldn't see the bald patch in the front as much, I need to figure out how she did that...

The back...

Her new pixie style...
No she didn't get her room clean either... We ended up having to take out all of her toys and getting rid of about half of them so it will be more managable for her to clean.
She is also pretty paranoid right now that she looks or might turn into a boy. She keeps asking how we know she is a girl. I got some little headbands with bows on it, and we have some barretts and bows that will now be adorning her hair everytime we go out in public so that we dont have too much confusion about her gender...











6 comments:

Bryce and Lisa said...

Poor Parents!!! I remember the first time and never thought we would be experiencing this again! It looks like they did a good job on blending it in.

Schwendimans said...

Oh, Lexi you are perhaps the most unpredictable little girl I've ever met!! Hmmmm... or maybe you just need to have really good heart to heart talk with your dad about what he was like growing up; it actually might explain an awful lot. =)
But short hair or not, you are still adorable! And we will send you lots of cute little bows for your hair-- I love getting them for Anni & Brie, and we can find matching for you! =) We love you!!

Kim said...

If anyone can carry off a short pixie cut, it's Lexi. She looks adorable no matter what.

kristadeeann said...

aaahh I think her hair is WAY cute...I was going to go and get her some cute hair bows and barrets today..that's fun that you got some for her...(maybe I will still get some for her)
She really does look cute!!!! I will be excited to see her on Sunday!!!
Is she nervous about her hair? Will it be okay for me to comment on it?
Such a cute girl you have!!
~When Kobe was a little younger that Lexi I was on the computer and he crawled up on the chair behind me..I had no idea he had scissors..CHOP and down to the ground when a huge clump of my hair...I about died because it was clear up to the top of my head and the sides he left long..So, it was so hard to fix that mess...
I think every kid has a scissors story...aaahhh I'm glad we make it through it..~

Unknown said...

For the most part she is doing ok, she just keeps saying that she looks like a boy. he does compensate for it by wearing dresses and trying to find bows for her hair. I am sure we will make it through this again... I just wish it wasn't quite so short.

Anonymous said...

Ashely- this is Chris' cousin Kristen! I have been really lame about blogging but am trying to post more frequently! Those pictures are great! Since we found out we're having a girl I have been making hair bows and will mail you some for Lexi! Much love, Kristen